Make plans to join the Southern Psychiatric Association and the Alabama Psychiatric Physicians Association for “The Future of Psychiatric Practice: Exploring New Worlds” in Huntsville, Ala., October 11-14.
The Westin Huntsville
6800 Governors West NW
Huntsville, AL 35806
The room block has closed.
Call for Abstracts: Closed
Check back soon for a look at this year’s submissions.
Continuing Medical Education
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Medical Association of the State of Alabama through the joint providership of the Medical Foundation of Alabama and the Alabama Psychiatric Physicians Association. The Medical Foundation of Alabama is accredited by the Medical Association of the State of Alabama to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Medical Foundation of Alabama designates this live activity for a maximum of 14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Review updates on regulatory and clinical requirements for treating patients through telemedicine.
- Cite the required steps in the ABPN certification process for psychiatrists.
- Debate various treatment options for substance use disorders including the use of medical and holistic approaches.
- Discuss management of the neuropsychiatric symptoms of Lupus including cognitive dysfunction, mood disorders, psychosis, and seizures.
- Interpret mental illness diagnoses from the perspective of reviewing the art and lifestyles of mentally ill artists.
- Recognize obsessive-compulsive symptoms and how they may present or reveal non-OCD conditions.
- Discuss neuromodulation techniques in psychiatry.
- Compare current ADHD medications.
- Describe the psychiatric challenges faced by astronauts during their assigned missions.
- Recognize future interventions and care models in the field of psychiatry.
- Examine the neuropsychiatric effects of Long COVID based on recent epidemiology and pathophysiology research.
Transcripts will be available for download from the Medical Association of the State of Alabama website eight (8) weeks after the date of the educational event. Go to www.alamedical.org/CMEtranscript and follow the instructions to print or download your CME transcript. For assistance, please call Lee Payne at (334) 954-2500.
Future APPA Meeting Dates and Locations
April 26-28, 2024
The Lodge at Gulf State Park, Gulf Shores – book online
October 11-13, 2024
The Battlehouse Hotel & Spa, Mobile
The Alabama Psychiatric Physicians Association is proudly managed by the Medical Association of the State of Alabama.