Participation is key, and APPA and APA offer many activities geared to enrich your professional life as well as bring you educational opportunities. You’ve already invested greatly in your career. Take the next step and Join Today!
Contact Meghan Martin with your questions about membership with APPA.
Membership Has Benefits!
The Alabama Psychiatric Physicians Association is a district branch of the American Psychiatric Association and is the only association representing psychiatrists in the State of Alabama. Membership with APPA also means membership with the APA.
Combined, these organizations have proven advocacy, educational programs, professional benefits, and career assistance necessary for psychiatric physicians to succeed in today’s world.
APPA Member Benefits
- Lobbying. APPA members have a strong voice in the Alabama State House and the U.S. Congress with a top-notch lobbying team focusing on legislation to strengthen the practice of psychiatry while protecting the practitioner and patient.
- Education. Members attend educational programs during the Spring and Fall Conferences at substantially reduced registration fees. APPA is also the only organization providing educational opportunities for our practice and office managers.
- Communication. Not only do APA members receive a complimentary subscription to The American Journal of Psychiatry, but APPA members receive a bi-monthly e-newsletter of the news and events affecting Alabama’s psychiatric physicians.
- Networking. APPA members are a great resource for professional networking. APPA offers two conferences each year that always include time for reconnecting with colleagues and meeting new ones.
- Education for Psychiatric Practice Managers. Our psychiatric practice managers are the glue that holds a psychiatric practice together. APPA is the only association to offer tailored continuing education for these practice mangers.
APA Member Benefits
- Advocacy. With more than 36,000 members, the American Psychiatric Association is the voice of psychiatry.
- Research and Clinical Studies. Membership includes The American Journal of Psychiatry, the nation’s leading publication of psychiatrists, and Psychiatric News, APA’s bi-monthly newspaper.
- Resources for the Practitioner and the Practice. Valuable practice tools from the APA include the Practice Management for Early Career Psychiatrists Reference Guide, Management Care Help Line, Medicare Service Center, CPT Coding Service and eligibility to participate in the APA-endorsed members-only malpractice insurance program administered by American Professional Agency, Inc.
- Networking and professional development, including lifelong learning and CME opportunities.
- Discounts on quality services as additional benefit to your membership.
APPA is managed by the Medical Association of the State of Alabama. As members of the MASA family, all APPA members have opportunities throughout the year to obtain continuing medical education to maintain an
active license through The Medical Foundation of Alabama.
The Medical Foundation of Alabama is recognized by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to accredit intrastate organizations offering CME for physicians.
Accreditation through The Medical Foundation of Alabama assures the medical community and the public that such activities provide physicians with information that can assist them in maintaining or improving their practice of medicine. These activities are free of commercial bias and based on valid content.
Visit the new APA Marketplace for exclusive member benefits and discounts
The APA Marketplace is a new member benefit that is providing discounts for APA members, their families, and their businesses. The APA Marketplace can save you hundreds of dollars on insurance products (Long Term Care, Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Pet), a prescription drug program, identify theft protection, discount office supplies through Office Depot, cash back rewards through Online Shopping Mall purchases, and access to discounted hotels and cruises in the Travel Vacation Center. Visit the APA Marketplace regularly for new additions to save you time and money!
The Alabama Psychiatric Physicians Association is proudly managed by the Medical Association of the State of Alabama.